Saturday, October 06, 2007

gimme what I need

The new center is open! Last night we had a full house, buzzing with old and new friends and family. It was great, except for the fact that I lost my voice. Oy. Not good timing. Not surprising with the stress and being overextended. Swaha. It was/is so bad that I wasn't sure I'd even be able to teach this morning. Somehow, by the grace of someone I had just enough voice to teach the very first class at Laughing Lotus San Francisco. Now my voice is gone again.

It was lovely to teach again! And people showed up! Really great people. For the first time since arriving in California, I feel completely like myself. I've always known that I love to teach but I'm not sure I realized just how much I NEED to teach. I'm okay with that.

2 comments:

Moray Watson said...

yay!

Moray Watson said...

that’s so funny, you know I just taught a class today and for some reason I just felt really irksome and lost after teaching. after thinking about your blog, it really brought me back into realisation about just how much I too actually enjoy teaching and how I would miss it also if I stopped.
Somehow when you start teaching the whole process seeps into your every being (and I have to admit I avoided teaching for a long time) then all of a sudden you just seem to be there, in the class teaching again as if you never left or as if it was as comfortable as an old pair of shoes. It just becomes part of you.

It’s always good to read that someone is relishing the chance to share with others.

love
m