Thursday, January 15, 2009

saying good-bye


My favorite yoga magazine, ascent, is closing its doors after 10 years of inspiring yogis in the traditions of Swami Sivananda Radha's creative vision. I have waited expectantly for each issue since I discovered ascent six years ago, and have turned to those black-and-white pages for knowledge and inspiration in my teaching ever since. I refuse to get rid of my stack of dog-eared back issues. Like the Sutras of Patanjali or the Gita, ascent is full of nuggets and stories that are meant to read and re-read. I offer my thanks and gratitude to the modern-day swamis and sages who have given so much of their light to the rest of us in creating these sacred texts.

ascent needs some help getting their final issue out the doors before they are closed. Visit them to learn more about the magazine and how you can help.

No comments: