Tuesday, December 16, 2008

less and less

I feel like I've finally found my sadhana. The challenge is really having it and still having something new to say as a teacher on a daily basis. I can't talk about Sri Ramakrishna, the Uddhava Gita, the spirituality in the teachings of Jesus Christ, and the Bhakti Sutras of Narada in every class. And as someone pointed out to me recently, I "teach the crazy poses at the end of Light on Yoga." Which is true. But that's the direction of my personal, physical practice. There's a lot less movement, and it doesn't change that much from day to day but it is pretty advanced in its focused simplicity. Most days I feel like I truly have something to say and offer that has the potential to resonate with someone. But there are those days when I'm trying to give people what I think they want. Even if it is what they want, and I'm able to do it well on any given day, I don't know how I feel about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please always be authentic. Those are the teachings that stay with me. And if you have nothing to say some days, that's okay too. Perhaps it's just a cosmic method to get you to move out of the way so the divine can channel through. You're an amazing teacher, Keith. I am lucky to have you in my world.