I've had a little experience this year with asking and receiving, with the whole moving to Toronto-moving to Oakland switch-eroo. And I was reminded that you can't ever get what you want unless you ask for it. So when Amy P. suggested that I post my playlists so she could see what I'd played in class, how could I refuse?
in the sunshine (for Ali) (6/28)
1. M'Bifo - Rokia Traoré
2. Spiritual Revolution - Shelley Nicole's Blakbüshe
3. It's Good to Be Here - Digable Planet's
4. Living For the City - Stevie Wonder
5. In The Sunshine - Arrested Development
6. Afro-Harping (Car Craig Remix) - Dorothy Ashby
7. Flyin' High in the Brooklyn Sky - Digable Planets
8. Soul Vibrations - Dorothy Ashby
9. California - Joni Mitchell
10. Real to Me - Shelley Nicole's Blakbüshe
11. Dial 7 (Axioms Of Creamy Spies) - Digable Planets
12. Bowmboï - Rokia Traoré
13. Gone to California - P!nk
14. I Told Jesus - Roberta Flack
there will be more.
Jai Lakshmi Ma!