Friday, November 04, 2005

day-after knees

I've been practicing Lotus Pose (Padmasana) consistently since about April. I had always assumed my knees would never allow me to but one day, much to my surprise, they did. So I made Lotus my Sadhana for the summer months. Since then the knees almost always accept the pose, and it's gotten easier along the way. I knew it would work out that way having spent a similar summer with Virasana. But unlike Lotus, Virasana doesn't seem to be as attached summer temperatures.

To be clear, I'm not one of those 'presto-change-o-I'm-magically-in-Lotus' kind of guys. There are several breaths involved. I flirt with the pose, and sometimes he flirts back. When it's not there, I leave it alone. Simple.

Usually there aren't any adverse day-after affects. But today, Oy!, my knees are screaming obscenities at me. I guess I'll put Lotus away with the shorts and sandals until the weather is warm again. I suppose that would be the upside to relocating to someplace with a warmer climate. Johannes would like that.

No comments: